HEALTH AND SAFETY
The health and safety of the children under our care is one of our main priorities. All classrooms and common areas are monitored by a CCTV system, which allows parents to view their child at the nursery in real time and monitor their progress. A password entry system, secure fencing around all outside play areas, safety gates, wall corner guards and finger protection are in place to provide parents with that extra peace of mind when you leave your child in our care.
To further ensure that the highest standards of health and safety are maintained, we undertake risk assessments and make routine regular inspections. Our staff is certified in Paediatric First Aid, and a registered nurse is present onsite to further ensure that we provide the best care for your child. A doctor also visits the Nursery regularly to conduct general health and safety checks.
To give you a better idea of how we work, here are a few of the procedures that we follow in order to provide a hygienic, safe and secure environment on a daily basis for your child…
- Safety procedures are in place for the safe arrival and dismissal of children. If someone other than a parent picks up the child, they must have prior permission from the child’s parents and present a proper I.D.
- Our main gate and main door will remain close after 8:30am. All visitors MUST identify themselves and sign in our Guest Book at the main security gate before coming into the premises.
- A password entry system ensures that only people with a legitimate reason for being inside the Nursery or Admin Office have access to it.
- Children are never left unsupervised when in our premises or when using our buses.
- The children are made aware of safety issues through classroom discussions, planned activities and routines.
- Our staircase is equipped with safety gates, an anti slip protection and child height handrail.
- Before taking children on Field Trips, a risk assessment of the venue will be conducted by the responsible teachers and the Principal.
- We have a NO SMOKING POLICY for all staff members, parents and guests.
- Our Nursery includes smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. Fire drills are conducted with our children once every term.
- Cleaning materials are kept locked in the kitchen out of the reach of children.
- We implement good hygiene practices by thoroughly cleaning and/or sanitizing all classrooms, other common areas and used toys on a daily basis.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are present throughout the Nursery.
- Disposable gloves, masks and mat liners are always used by staff when changing diapers or helping children in the washroom.
- Toilets are regularly inspected and cleaned.
- Changing of children’s diapers and clothes is conducted in designated areas in the washrooms to respect their privacy and dignity.
- Children who are undergoing toilet training are reminded to use the toilet at regular intervals. All staff members have been trained on how to deal with accidents that might occur during the toilet training process.
- Dental hygiene will also be emphasized throughout the Academic Year. Children that stay for our Extended Day Programme are required to keep a toothbrush and toothpaste at school.