COMMUNICATION WITH PARENTS
Regular and effective communication between parents and his/her child’s classroom teacher is essential in order to meet each child’s individual needs and help enhance the child’s overall progress and development. As each family is different, we recommend parents to establish their preferred mode of communication and frequency with his/her child’s classroom teacher from the very beginning. Nonetheless, rest assured that, when the need arises, the classroom teacher will always place a call to the parents.
Parents will also be weekly updated on class activities via email and they will often be guided as to how to extend learning at home. If necessary, families may also be invited to meet with the Teacher and the Principal. The purpose of such meetings is to share observations on the child and, when needed, find ways to support him/her in a particular area of development or learning.
Throughout the Academic Year we constantly promote a two way flow of information and knowledge. These are some additional ways in which we communicate and exchange information with our families:
- Our Parent Handbook
- Our website (www.toddlersintlnursery.com).
- Our Parents’ Notice Boards located in our Admin Office and near our main gate.
- The “Getting to Know You” form that you will complete when your child first joins.
- Orientation Meetings for all new families at the beginning of each term.
- Monthly newsletters that will be sent out via email at the end of each month.
- Phone calls if and when necessary.
- Emails with general notices and reminders.
- Parent Teacher Interviews which take place at the end of each term.
- Termly reports about your child based on observations.
- Parents’ evenings and other social events (e.g. Spring Carnival, Coffee Mornings, etc).
- Suggestion Box located in our main reception.
We also encourage any form of feedback that will help us to improve the support that we provide for your child. For suggestions, general feedback/questions or more information on our 'Parents as Partners' Programme, kindly enquire with your child's classroom teacher or at our Admin office.